Welcome To Joaquin's Website
Project 1: Song
Day 10: Today I'm gonna try to finish a song that I was working on for the past 3 days. I added trumpets and a saxophone to the track yesterday. I'm gonna finish structuring, mixing, and adding tiny effects to the track and then work on vocals.
Day UNKNOWN: Almost done
Today, I'm going to finish adding the little effects and soon start working on vocals. I'm so happy and excited that I get to work with other people.
Project 1: Sorta done
I really need to start posting more I don't know what happened to my other posts. But I might know why, it's because I need to save my posts every time I make a post. Anyway, I'm going to finish making this song.
What do I do now?
Well, I switched projects, instead of doing a hip-hop type track on the desktop, I am doing an rnb type beat on my ipad. But, I'm still with my friend, Gabi. We've made a lot of progress, and we are almost done recording vocals. We might even make a music studio, in the classroom. Anyway, this time I will finish this project.
Project 2: Canva Poster
I haven't been posting anything on my vlog lately. So, I want to remind you that I'm working on another project, with Gabi. I've made a project using a sample. Then, I turned the entire thing into a trap beat. I needs arrangement but i'll be done with it after i do vocals.
Week 8: Project 3 (Day 1)
I'm working on making a speaker to blast my music and I am working on a sketch and I am imagining how the speaker will look.
Week 8: Project (Day 2 and 3)
I am pretty much done with my sketch for the speaker I'm making.
Week 9: Project 3 (Day 4)
I'm working in illustrator and I am going to 3d print this prototype.
Week 9: Project 3 (Day 5)
Today I finished my 3d prototype and I think I'm ready to 3d print tomorrow morning.
Week 9: Project 3 (Day 7)
Today, I put together the pieces of my speaker and glued them together. I'm done with base and now I have to put in electronic stuff to make the speaker work.
Week 9: Project 3 (Day 8)
Today, I did absolutely nothing.
Week 10: Project 3 (Day 9)
I was sick on this day.
Week 10: Project (Day 10)
I'm working on my poster for my project.
Week 10: Project (Day 11)
I'm still working on my poster for my project.
2nd Mid-Trimester Update
I'm am done working on my poster for my project.
Week 11: Project 3 (Day 13)
I did not have a chance to do anything today.
Week 11: Project 3 (Day 14)
I tried to make the speaker play my song. But it's harder than you think.
Week 11: Project 3 (Day 15)
Today, I'm gonna bring the kit home to see if I can make the speaker with my dad.
Week 11: Project 3 (Day 16)
I forgot to bring the kit home so today I'm gonna bring it home to try to make this speaker work.
Black History Month Poster
I finished a black history month poster.
I stopped working on the speaker, so I'm working on my music for now.
I will keep working on my music until I finally figure out what the problem with the touch board.
It's been a few days since I released my album and a new single. My top hits are, We just can't fake it, Love is Forbidden, and Space Bend. I'm really proud of my hard work.
Well. the touch board has been confirmed to not work. So, I have a electronic circuit board and I'm going to try to finish making this speaker.
I have been messing around with the touch board but I still am working on trying to play my song through the speaker. But, I will find a way to do it, even if it takes a long time to figure it out.
Today I collaborated with Ethan to troubleshoot with the touch board. We first started from the beginning of the tutorial and worked our way through the tutorial. One of things we did was use a screwdriver to twist a screw all the way clockwise because it said that in the tutorial.
March 6th: Update
In the beginning of this project, I had no clue how to code and find a way to make a speaker. But now at the end, I learned a lot. I trouble shot with Ethan to find the problems we had and got some progress down. We used both kits to figure this out because apparently you need to use both kits to do this. We also needed to screw a nail all the way clockwise which is located in a blue box which is underneath a label called A1. There was also an mp3 part that we had to attach to the touch board. There is a usb drive that has a usb card which goes into the usb drive. All the sound files are located in the usb drive. When I take out usb card out of the usb drive it goes into a small section in the mp3 player, and it's supposed to play the sound files when I touch the sensors. We then added the power source (the computer) and attached the usb to another part that attaches to the touch board, and attached another cord which goes into a plug in, which turns on all the parts attached to the touch board. After that, we attached the speaker into a plugin the mp3 player had. But when, I touched the sensors which are under the label saying touch. Nothing plays, but a small sound of static. This is where we stopped. Some things that worked during this process, was our teamwork because we worked really well together. Another thing that worked was actually getting sound. Some things that didn't work was the volume was really low and I don't know how to find a way to increase the volume. Another thing, was the feeling that I did something wrong or skipped something because I feel like we did everything right and it should work. Overall, this is a very hard process and we still trying to trouble shoot. I feel like I learned a lot of stuff during this project, like working with circuit boards and parts, and messing around with usb drives. Here are some photos and videos of the process: