Welcome to Kaila's Page!
This is a photoshop picture that I edited by lowering the hue and adding text to make the background pop out more.
For the past week, Faith and I worked on taking photos in the courtyard and we made this edit black and white and then added color to the leaves and Faith's shirt.
This is a picture taken by me in our school courtyard. We made it black and white and originally added color to the eyes and shirt, but it looked too weird so we just kept the shirt.
These are the before and after images of Trinity's photo for the ping pong project that I edited.
I've been helping Iman brainstorm for her next project.
I made this in Photoshop while Iman was brainstorming ways to start our new collaboration.
This is the cloud poem that I made in Photoshop using a picture of Iman and a quote by Sandra Cisneros.
Today Iman and I were looking at #gegchi videos for the contest we are entering and we found some really inspirational ones that gave us good ideas. We plan to start filming on Monday.
So basically Iman and I have been watching videos for inspiration for out project and we decided that we're each going to work on something different and once we finish we'll collaborate on something else later, probably in tri 2.
Yesterday Faith, Iman and I all went into the hall and interviewed people about our project and we are going to continue filming today.
So far, my group has been pulling people into the hall so that they can be interviewed for our documentary. We've interviewed around 5 or 6 people so far and we will continue following up with them so we can get more in-depth responses/answers from them.
These are more photos that I took in the beginning of the trimester that are decent. I took these photos in the courtyard with Faith in August/September.
This week I've edited and taken photos with Faith in the courtyard and we've been brainstorming ways to run the Chute Media Arts Twitter page. In the meantime, I've been editing pictures of old and new photos I took in the courtyard.
Dec 4th Blog: The project I'm working on now is the #gegchi project with Faith. We're around halfway done and we'll be done by the 15th. By the end of Friday, I plan to have the audio of us and our opinions completed on iMovie.
Over the past week, I worked with Faith on our documentary and we got our audio clip of Charlottle and Viv talking in our iMovie video. We've been editing our project and adding photos and text so that we can wrap our project and finish everything for the contest.
Today, Faith and I are are still working on our iMovie project and working on our new concepts.
I decided to take a break from our BLM project. This was the product we got and eventually I will come back to working on it.
This is what Ramina and I have been working on in Minecraft.
I think that Ramina and I plan to finish our current Minecraft project before interim grades go into the grade book. Our goal for the project was to create a world that supported every religion, race, gender, and sexuality, and everything else in between. We created a rollercoaster that went throughout colorful wool blocks and showed that everyone is beautiful and unique based on their differences.
This is what I have been working on in Photoshop with Ramina. We both really like the musician Tyler, The Creator so we chose to make different edits of him and have a competition to see who's is better. I am glad that Ms. Kushner gives us these oppurtunities to experiment with different kinds of projects in Media Arts because I like being able to change my topic of interest so easily when I find something that is cool to me.
Over the last few weeks, Iman and I with the rest of our group have been working hard on planning the walkout on March 15. We have our graphic ready to put on shirts for (iron-on transfer). We have to order our shirts, find a price and find and anti-gun violence organization to donate our profits to. I think we will be ready with time to spare before our walkout.
Today, our principal talked to all of the grade levels about the walkout we're planning. Iman and I went to all of the grade levels lunches and we passed out flyers for the shirts and we are going to start making the shirts for people who ordered them.
Today is Friday, March 16th. Our walkout went really well and I'm proud of how our team was able to make over 100 shirts in 2 days. I was also in charge of taking photos during the walkout which showed the students of all grade levels holding signs that protest gun violence and promote safety in schools.
The process for making shirts was challenging but also rewarding. With my mom's help, we used Adobe Illustrator to use a graphic and create two different designs that work for black and white shirts. We then turned the graphic into a format which worked to print on white vinyl. Everyone working on the shirts had to use a tool to pick the excess vinyl off to make the text show. Iman and I, with the help of other people heat pressed them onto the black shirts. Once we were finished with a decent amount of the black shirts, helpers went to the classes of the students that ordered the shirts to deliver them. To create the #ENOUGH white shirts, we silk screened the black text onto the white shirt and then ironed it for 5 minutes to make sure that the text wouldn't stick.