Advanced Media Arts
This is the finished project
For my second project. I took pictures of two JV soccer games and edited the pictures. This is one that I'm very proud of, While taking action shots, I had to figure out when to start the burst option and how to follow a play. A lot of the time the action shot would be of the team running or doing some sort of move and it was hard to pick which part of the move was the best picture. I didn't get many team pictures but I enjoyed get moments of the team cheering their other teammates on or focusing on the game like they are in the picture. Overall, it was an interesting struggle, especially with distance and view. If I had done it again, I would have tried to be closer to the goal or by a corner when taking shot shots.
Today I worked tracing and coloring the boy. There were many details that needed to be added on the eagle so I saved it for later
Today i worked on coloring the boy some more. Since it was an anime style drawing I wanted to make the kid have anime attributes. It took a while to find the skin color and i might change it again. I also started on the details for the eagle there are still many needed
I edited how the hands looked along with the hair. Then i focused on coloring the eagle and simplifying the tips. Today was really just filling in and revising
Today i focused on the details on the eagle. I will probably revise it. I also changed the skin color and socks for the boy
Today I focused on the text, adding the titles and the bottom text for who's done which design
Today I worked on final edits. I highlighted the boy lightly so it could be a bit more vibrant. Then i changed the background, but i can't decide between a full purple background or purple background with the circles filled in with a darker purple
This is the finished project for the illustration
Mid-Trimester Check In
This is my poster for the mid-trimester check in. I mostly worked on illustrating the inside cover for the yearbook and as the poster said, there were a lot of changes.
Chute Author Visit Project
Today I worked on the posters for the visit. Ms. Martin wanted two posters for the front office, and four for the main entrance along with two for the inside, but I made three instead for the main entrance. I had to research the authors and it took me a while to find the right backgrounds but i managed.
This is the finished product for the posters for the Author Visitation happening on 2/7/2020. I started these last week and took my time choosing how to decorate and what to say. After the first draft, I met with Chute's head librarian Ms. Martin, and we revised the posters together. There wasn't many changes, just organization of titles and representation in the images. Over all it wasn't that stressful and I learned a lot on how to use Canva. Below are the first drafts.
Here are some photos of the display
Black History Month Poster
I worked on a poster for Ta-Nehisi Coates for Black History Month. Before I researched him I didn't know who he was, but I found that he was a very interesting that I would like to learn more about.
For my next project, I was assigned to find the best pictures for the Hamlette section of the yearbook. In total I chose 15 pictures that I think showed the play in a whole. I've done this process before so it wasn't hard but it was to learn which pictures would work collectively and which wouldn't.
Here are two photos from my 15
February 24th to March 3rd
I worked on adding pictures of the 8th Grade Hamlette performance. I tried to make sure that everyone was seen and revised a few times because certain people showed up on other pages too much. It was hard because a lot of the time the characters only showed up with the same characters so you had to make sure that everyone was represented without showing one too much.
I've been playing around with Adobe Animate as Ms.Kushner told me to try a bouncing ball project. I went a bit overboard though and turned it into more of a movie. I'm new at it so a few of the struggles was redrawing what I wanted to stay on screen over and over again, as well as keeping things constant. One thing that I focused on was the smoothness and making sure that it looked real and not choppy. Above are some screenshots.
Here is my finished animation for my bouncing ball movie. I plan to try again to keep the bridge straight and the ball constant