End of Year Reflection:
On your blog, create a new post called END OF YEAR REFLECTION.
1) My biggest accomplishment/s this year were making the Nick/Mateo mini movies. Those were super fun to create. I was proud of them because they helped me with my cinematography skills, and plus I though they had a really great outcome.
2) The most important things I learned in this class are new skills for making movies, and practicing my programming skills with Microsoft.
3) My greatest contribution to the Advanced Media class was (hopefully) teaching a new programming language to new and second year media arts students.
4) Something I wish I would have done if I had more time or did things differently is practicing photoshop because I feel like it is a very valuable skill.
5) My favorite part about Advanced Media Arts class is making the movies or programming because I could practice valuable skills and get immediate results.
6) Here are some things I would change about this class, or suggestions to make it better; Some text-based programming class;
7) I would really like it if students could learn with the Kano, I really think it could help teach some valuable skills.
These pictures are others I took (not my favorite, but still good) and I tried a depth of feel filter on the flower. The filter kinda worked but it is a bit spotty for focus areas. The other picture I kept I liked becuase of the punchy colors.
Here are some pictures I took while on walking around Chigago. My favorite is either the large panorama in the tower structure or the skyline because it gives a good perspective of what it looks like in the photographer's sight.
I like this picture because I find that it gives some perspective to the alphabet and how it can be manipulated into different fonts and styles. This was created by Jasper Johns, called Alphabet 1969.
Mateo: I am working on Kano and I am learning about Kano. Kano works by a mini computer called a Raspberry pi and although I know how to use a Raspberry pi, the Kano comes with pre-loaded software that comes with lessons and software, which I need to learn.
This can be measured by a project/lesson completed on the Kano. There are many projects/lessons on the Kano, but right now I am still getting a feel for the software and lessons on the Kano.
Some lessons I seen so far are minecraft, scratch, and some core programming languages like (I think) Objective C, Java and using the command line (SUDO).
Over this trimester we have done many things. Right now I have been coding and using Minecraft to make/program stuff. Right now I am still in the beginning stages and I am making the foundation.
I want to make more Nick/Mateo movies because those were always fun to make and have a meaning and moral to them.
Here are my best 2 photos;
I am not sure what work I want at yea or why my font is italic.
I am creating a website for Jacob and I am finishing the video for Microsoft. When I finish the video, I will post it,
I have been making a video devoted to the Microsoft project. It has been going well and my website is up and ready....ish to be sent in. It's been going well and it is all going to be tethered together soon.
Microsoft has given us a change to get 750 dollars if we make 15 websites. Here are my website links;
Today is Monday and today Nick and I decided to make a HTML5 based website. I will teach some html to Nick and then we will make our own possibly. Tomorrow we will start.
Hello, my name is Mateo and I love all things technology. My strongest programming language is HTML5 followed by Arduino and CSS. I love 3d printing, soldering, and other things that I am forgetting to mention.