1. My biggest accomplishment this year I think was figuring out what style of photography I'm interested in. Since I figured out that I like to take dark, mysterious, black and white photos, I think I've had more fun taking photos of people, and things.
2. The most important thing I learned in this class is that, the perfect moment for a photo, is when theres a moment worth remembering.
3. I'm not exactly sure what I did to contribute to the Advanced Media class, because I worked more on my own on my own projects with one other person. I didn't help with yearbook or anything with the Shrek musical.
4. I feel like I've done everything that I've wanted to this year. So there is nothing that I wish I could have done before the end of the year ends.
5. My favorite part about Advanced Media Arts class is, we have the freedom to do basically whatever kind of project we want. And I think that is great for creativity, and expressing yourself.
6. I don't think that there is anything that I would change. I liked the way things turned out this year. And I would simply keep it the exact same way.
When I look at this photo, I see someone who looks confused, or maybe even lost.
I didn't get the chance to learn much about the photo, but I did learn a little about the artist. Cindy uses elaborate costumes and make-up to transform her identity for each image. She tries to create somewhat of a character per say. Someone who she's not.
This artwork is powerful because, to me it shows a lot of emotions. Scared, lost, afraid, confused, alone, etc. It makes me think what might have been going on when this picture was taken. Or what was going on inside her head when this photo was taken.
It makes me think of a lot of questions.
It's hard for me to choose which of these 5 photos is my favorite. I really like them all. But if I have to, I would choose the one of the little boy. I'm not exactly sure what he was thinking about, but to me it looked like he was simply watching the world around him. Just a curious little kid in a big, big world, full of mysterious and magic.
I've been working on making short videos using my iPhone. I've used different camera lenses to create a better feel of what my videos are. I have been working with themes that are more in my comfort zone. But recently I have been trying to create original themes, filming things that I wouldn't usually film. I use my phone to edit all my videos. I have to pick the best clips, pick out a song that fits the theme of the video, trim out the "garbage" or the parts of a clip that wasn't so good. Now instead of making 15 second videos, I am trying to make something longer, something like, a music video. Or a video of my life that my turn out to be 1 minute. Either way I will continue filming.
What I am working on now is making short videos. I take short 2 second clips of different things and then put them all together and choose a background song.
I don't exactly know what I want to do, probably just taking more artsy photos, and making 15 second videos.
Best 2 Photos
Best Work I Want In YEA
I decided to create more of these kinds of edits because they are really fun to film, and because editing is time consuming when I'm bored.
I worked on this at home while I was away from school. I don't usually use iMovie only because I've never had the chance. I used my phone to film and edit the video. So using iMovie on a smaller device is a lot harder than using it on the computer, but I managed. The reason I decided to make a video is because I've been inspired by some videos I've seen online. Most of the ones I've seen were dark and depressing. I would have done a really depressing one, but sharing that with the class or just anyone would probably get me in trouble. Anyway I went with a simple sad video. This video has a lot of meaning to me. It may not be clear to all, but the message is there. And I don't want to explain it, because you either get it or you don't. That's how I see it.
The song: Truce by Twenty One Pilots
Lately I have been into taking pictures in black and white and usually in the dark with a single bright light. I have had to use photoshop to make the background pitch black. I really like the way that these photos turned out. I'm thinking about adding some deep emotional quotes to go with my theme of darkness.