Welcome to Raven's page!
I am currently working on the chute healthy kids' market poster. This is my progress so far. I have completed most of the titles and started some text for the information. I also added a box where I plan to put the picture.
I have now chosen the image that I will place on my poster. I like it because it is bright and colorful.
This is the finished product. I added a darker background to contrast the bright letters and image.
The next assignment was to make a poster explaining our process of our first project, so I made a poster of how I made my Healthy Kids' Market poster.
After that I got used to making posters and decided to make one for the Advanced Drama Improv show. My first draft had a lot of leftover space and was hard to read from a distance. The background was bright red and it had no decoration.
My next poster was a lot better-looking. I included a link to buy the tickets, made the background slightly less red, and spaced out the text to make it larger, as well as adding some different fonts to make it look better.
When I finished with the poster, I realized there were a few things that were either missing or off. The next to last piece of text was too close to the ticket information, and there was originally no QR code. I had also used "When" instead of 'Time' and 'Where' instead of 'Location. On top of that, there really was nothing extra to set the title apart from the other text, so I had Katie help me find the final font.
My next poster was for the Chute Girls Basketball tryouts. I added an image in the middle that I found last minute after searching several files for good photos. I like that I added the mini basketballs like bullet points, because they drew attention to the important information and fit with the theme. I also like the font I used. However, the coach wanted me to change it to a yellow instead of a green because the green background had already been used by a different coach.
This week I worked on the digital version of the yearbook inside cover. It was traced on sketchbook from the original drawing. I discovered a new brush on the app that I played around with in settings.
Another thing I drew is pictured below. For the yearbook, I drew the Chute letters separate so they could be 3D printed and carved more easily. I learned how to upload a transparent photo from Autodesk Sketchbook.
The photo on the side is the finished inside yearbook cover. I added color to the background and the lines and tweaked the handwriting so it looked better. Something that I want to fix still is the letters at the top- the U is different thicknesses and all the letters have low opacity lines, so they look partly transparent, which I don't like.
My next assignment is to make a frame for the 2019 Valentines' photos. I uploaded and traced a picture of a heart from online and then drew the streamers so it wouldn't look plain. From this process I learned how to use the mirror tool on Autodesk Sketchbook. My next step is to color it. I am planning to try a pink or red gradient to fit with the theme, in a light color. The hearts and streamers will be a darker or more intense color of the background so they pop out more. If the streamers get in the way of the photo, I will have to take them out or move them to the side.
The image above is how I chose to color the valentine's background. I think I would like to try a gradient effect on the background, so it is not just a solid color. I experimented more with flipping images so I only had to color the right heart and ribbons and then I just flipped them.
One of my resolutions this year was to work more on scenes and backgrounds even by using references, which helped a lot for this. Looking back, I wish I had spent more time on the background trees, because they look very messy, as well as the cat. Both look rushed and out of place.
Today I worked on my Trimester 2 recap poster. It was tough to finish because I had to go back and find the same font I'd already used.
Tuesday, April 23th, 2019
The following list is of the schools we need to make a poster for, for the YEA festival:
Since I've been dabbling a lot in using new brushes on Autodesk Sketchbook, I would like to do a challenge for YEA where i take a sketch and use every brush in the program. I think this will be a fun challenge to do and it will also broaden the horizon a little more. My first step is to find a reference photo to use.
Thursday, April 25th
I found my reference photo of an apple orchard.
Today I started my sketch and included two rabbits and a boar.
Monday, April 29th
I will not be able to continue on the sketch above because it is not a transparent layer, so any layers underneath it in photoshop will also not be visible...all because i started on a white layer instead of a transparent one. From this experience i learned to make sure my sketch layer is transparent before saving it. To solve my problem, I am going to bring the sketch into autodesk sketchbook when i get my ipad back and refine the sketch.
Monday, May 20th 2019
This week I worked on a geometric eagle drawing and a sketch that I want to open in Sketchbook and paint over. The image is below.
Tuesday, May 21st 2019
I am having trouble figuring out how to make this transparent, and that is pretty much the only way I can paint it without having to be careful about going over the lines.
Thursday, May 23rd
I lost all progress and the final image of the eagle. After losing it, I wish I had kept an image or some documentation ahead of time. It would have been nice to be more prepared when I started.
2019 End-Of-Year Reflection
I had a great year in Advanced Media Arts.